The most common questions we get from our clients
This is What You Should and Shouldn’t Be Wearing To Your Spray Tan Appointment:
When it comes to a spray tan appointment, black cotton underwear is recommended . When it comes to picking a pair of cotton knickers to pop on after your appointment, choose a pair that aren't too tight and don't have a large band of elastic.
As to what you wear after, loose-fitting, dark and washable clothes are best. Wear a black jumpsuit or dress (that doesn't have too-tight elastic anywhere) and you're set!
Pick your shoes carefully... Always pack a pair of thongs to pop on after your spray tan appointment - avoiding closed-toe shoes and socks at all costs!
Ditch the jewellery... Always remember to take off all jewellery prior to your appointment, to avoid unwanted marks.
Skip the lotion and makeup. While moisturizing your skin in the days following your tanning session can make it last longer, applying moisturizers and lotions can interfere with the bronzing spray absorbing into your skin. If you do wear makeup the day of your tan, remove it before your Spray Tan to get the most even tan on your face.
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- Exfoliate entire body with mild, oil-free exfoliant.
- Shower, but do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin as this can create a barrier on your skin. NO DOVE PRODUCTS
- Wear clothing that are dark in color, preferably black and loose fitting (cotton clothing-avoid wool, nylon or silk—pajama bottoms and a t-shirt are perfect) to avoid excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan. Bring towel for car seats .
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, for the next 8+ hours as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your airbrush tan so that it darkens overnight, please cover your bed with dark sheets and pillow cases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets. Tan appt takes about 30 min 🙂
- Moisturize regularly- at least twice daily.
- Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation.
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
Lotion Ingredients that are bad for your spray tan:
- Mineral oil
- Essential Oils